AMSTERDAM, March 14, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The beautiful city of Arusha is gearing up to host the next edition of the Africa Tax Symposium. Taking place from 24 to 26 May 2023, the symposium is the leading global conference on taxation in Africa. Held at the Mount Meru Hotel, Arusha, the evergreen theme of the conference is “Trends in International Taxation - an African Perspective”.
Highlights from the technical programme include:
- The Two-Pillar Solution - What No-Deal or No Critical Mass Means for Africa
- Global Minimum Taxation - Implications for Africa's tax incentives regimes
- Recent Developments in Transfer Pricing in Africa
- Tax Treaties - Practical issues concerning payments for services, including automated digital services
- Domestic resource mobilization - Challenges and prospects
- Reassessing Africa's role in global tax policy development - The way forward.
“The Africa Tax Symposium is unique for the reach it has across the entire spectrum of the tax world,” says Belema Obuoforibo, Director of the IBFD Knowledge Centre, and Chair of the IBFD Centre for Studies in African Taxation. “This special event brings together tax professionals from practice, industry, academia, the judiciary, and tax administration - as speakers and as delegates. In its eight years of existence, the Symposium has acquired a well-deserved reputation as a high-quality forum for discussing the main tax policy issues crucial for Africa.”
To see the full programme and speakers, visit the Symposium website at #" IBFD African Tax Symposium Trends in International Taxation - an African Perspective